Monday, August 21, 2006

What's Going On?

Check this link out.

Apparently British passengers protested that 2 Asian men were speaking Arabic on their flight and demanded they be thrown off for safety reasons. Seriously, what is the world coming to?

Following up from my blog last week, I can fully appreciate these people being scared shitless of terrorism. But is it justified that they feel threatened by two Asian men who had gone through airport security? I wasn't there so I don't know. What I do know is that Britain has a significant population with Middle-East/Asian origins and I'm pretty sure they're not all terrorists. Just like not every person in Ireland is not a member of the IRA or every Brit tortures Iraqis.

Uhm, so what happens now? Is it best not to trust anybody and live a defensive life? Or would it be more enjoyable to assume those who mean to cause harm are such a minority that you probably won't ever encounter them so don't worry about it? Maybe somewhere inbetween, to be as vague and uncommitted as possible. Life's weird. I know Igor speaks Arabic so should I buy myself a weapon everytime I want to play table tennis with him? You know, in case he tries to sneak up behind me. I dunno, I really don't.

Anyway, on a more positive and definate note, I'm off to Dublin again tomorrow, woo hoo!

Stay cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Also following up from your blog last week:
Apparently sometime when I wasn't paying attention in the last week or two, they banned liquids from all visitors visiting the power plant "in light of the terrorist plots in Europe".

I found this quite hilarious!

9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You know, in case he tries to sneak up behind me. I dunno, I really don't."

mmmmmmm...I dont think I would ever have a reason to sneak up behind you. Quit mixing me up with Cole Hobson.

This time next year we'll be millionaries bruv'a.

I-giggity-no-diggity

4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home