Monday, July 24, 2006

Job Hunting

I want a job. More specifically, I want a job like Igor's, who works at the Dalhousie University Gym.

Right now Igor is sitting on my couch engaged in a Pro Evolution Soccer tournament on the Xbox. He is about 25 minutes late for work. He will go to work when it stops raining with Dan and I to play table-tennis. Probably for at least an hour. Then he may take a well-earned break and go with us to play pool. I'm not exaggerating here, this has been the norm for the past two weeks.

In fact, last week Igor and I were going to play pool so he could have a break from work. He left a plastic clock on the door of his office to note he'd be back in around 45 minutes. Unfortunately we never made it to pool. We got intercepted and convinced to join other friends at the pub for wing & pitcher specials. Fine. 45 minutes later, Igor decides to call his girlfriend Leanna, who's supposed to meet him and go swimming at a nearby lake. Yeah, he's still working. He tells Leanna to go via his gym and fix the plastic clock to say he'd be back in another hour. Then goes to the lake. Around an hour later, Igor returns from the lake to the pub. But he did have to go via the gym to lock up an hour early before he could join us for the rest of the night.

I'd love to be paid to play table tennis and go to the pub. The Canadian Dream, eh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

How come all of you guys are lazy couch potatoes? Seriously, none of you guys work! All the while, I wake up at 5:30, drive an hour to work, and don't get home until 5:00pm when I make supper. Jerks. All of you.

On another note - Good luck on your interview (tomorrow?). I hope it goes really really well! (I'm sure it will!)

8:09 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

OooOOoOOoOoOh Big Day Tomorrow!!

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to take this opportunity and defend myself in my actions....or lack there of.... there was nobody at the gym and i just happen to be one of the best employees there believe it or not....

I would like to wish matty a pleasent farewell, even though i ass-raped him in table tennis today... Dan i cleaned house today, beat him 13-3, 14-4, 15-5 all in the same hour...

I dont think he'll want to come back to Canada now.

heh!

I-giggity-no-diggity

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home