Sunday, August 06, 2006

Searching for Inspiration

I find it increasingly difficult to blog when I have very little to discuss. Perhaps this is what it is like to be the Emmj who only blogs once in a blue moon.

See, not much has happened since I got home that is really exciting to chat about. I've spent most of my time doing my dissertation so I can finish it as soon as possible and move on over to Canada. We had a pretty cool 3 weeks over there and it's certainly a life I enjoy. It was extremely rare for Dan and I to sit around doing nothing in our apartment, which is my not my kind of thing. Believe it or not, I always try to think of doing something, anything rather than sitting around watching TV. So I'm excited that from September, so many people will be easily accessible that I can beat at poker, darts, pool, ping-pong, Winning 11/Pro Evo and so on. Or so many bars with friendly (i.e. not afraid of flirting) staff serving dirt cheap wings and beer. I like Halifax.

Unfortunately, various excursions to places such as Halifax can leave one potless when unemployed. Hence this weekend has involved a significant amount of gardening and painting and deciding I shouldn't go to the pub. Really, I didn't go! However, Old School was on TV so that was a fine alternative. See, life really is pretty dull right now! I'm telling you (and you're reading it) that I stayed in Saturday night and watched a film on TV.

I apologise if this blog is slacking today but I have no material! These next few weeks involve a lot of getting my head down and working hard so I'll be able to reason 'I deserved to' when playing hard in Canada. If you do feel the need to stimulate your mind further, may I recommend reading Carolyn's or Lauren's blogs. They've just returned from their European excursions which were certainly enthralling enough and I was lucky to partake in a tiny section. But now Carolyn has posted photos from Rome, one of the places highest on my places to go list and Lauren has summed up the entire trip extremely accurately. Certainly note that I can empathise highly with those who were impressed they chose to visit Eastern Europe (full of Igor's) more than Western Europe (full of me's) and the point about the sheep - there's no smoke without fire!

So do keep on your toes, the moment something interesting happens over here I'll let you know. But for now, you may want to look elsewhere.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home