Tuesday, July 25, 2006

London Buses

Blog postings are like London buses. You wait ages for one, then two appear one immediately after another. Much of life is like that I'm afraid.

So, we went camping this weekend. Despite the rain and the delays and the fact Cole was there, it really was a good weekend. I'll fill you in a little when Lois gets off her arse and sends me the photos so I can use them to save a thousand words. Dan has begun such an account if you want to hear his side of the story before I get my say. But do note the stunning photo he took of one of the lakes at Fundy and I am excited to say he has had it printed off large and is about now getting it framed for our office/ping-pong room (when table is bought).

Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about was our road trip home. As Dan and Lois decided they needed to sleep the whole journey, it was left to Cole and I to discuss baseball. Pretty one-sided conversation. Nevertheless, when we drove near Pizza Express, Dan and Lois had a sudden urge to wake up and feast. Nice enough meal, nice enough place. Whatever. No one cares.

What people might care about is the email Dan received at work today. Apparently Danielle, our waitress, contacted him with some how-do-you-do chit chat in response to his business card being left on the table, with her name on the top. Nice one smoothie! Must've been all those photos you were taking of her.

Note to Dan - the reason the cute waitress at the Alehouse didn't reply to the message "I" left her last week is because all you left was a drunken scrawl and addressed it to "the cute waitress." I left Danielle a professional card, personally addressed.

Note to everybody else - get a business card.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Its Pizza Delight. And Dan is not allowed to pick up girls from Sackville. He already checked that place off his list.

Sigh - Matty, you replace me. He writes more about you on his blog, he takes you on SO MANY more dates, and he seems to be much more flirtatious when he's around you.

10:21 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

I do not flirt.

AND...I love my girlfriend. I am innocent of any actions Matty does, regardless of whether he uses my business card or not. PARTICULARLY a business card that must have been given to him a friggen' year ago!

And for the record, I was unaware of any writing he did on my card. From here on out, Matty will be leaving behind 8x10 signed glossy's of himself everywhere he eats. I suspect he'll continue to get no feedback from servers.

3:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home