Friday, May 26, 2006

Out on a Limb

Ok, I just wanted to get publish this before the event. I do not think Brazil will win the forthcoming World Cup. If you listen to every single football player, pundit (David Pleat & Trevor Francis are muppets, they don't count) or those who really know,the bookies (Ladbrokes,William Hill and Bet Fair) to name but three, all you will here is that Brazil will win. And win comfortably.

However, I believe that this smacks too much in the face of France 98, where Brazil were the unbelievable favourites for that tournament and had a player untouchable who could win it on their own (See Ronaldo, Substitute Ronaldihno). Oh yeah, they didn't win.

Now I have absolutely nothing against Brazil. I am a complete neutral in the World Cup as Wales haven't qualified since 1958 and only want to be entertained and impressed by the world's best. So I wanted Brazil to win the last one because to do that they'd have to play well and when Brazil play well, it's incredible to watch.

But I'm pretty sure it won't happen again. I think they'll get carried away with the hype and lose focus. That's where they'll lose....but I have no idea who to. Seriously, aside from Brazil, anyone from England, France, Italy, Portugal and even the Germans could win but it's oh so close between these teams. So....I'm gonna plump for Argentina. How could a team with Gabriel Heinze fail?

Yeah, that's my prediction, not necessarily that the Argies will triumph but I really don't think Brazil will and I just wanted to be the first to say it which is why I'm posting this now. Ok, now go place your bets.

PS. The World Cup is all the poorer for Robbie Keane not partaking, eh Dan?

4 Comments:

Blogger DJO said...

Keane!!! Crap! He was my hero!

We'll need to dig up an old Fifa game and relive those glory days for team Irish!

3:22 am  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

He's a good player

PS. Henry for top scorer as well

11:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serbia and Montenegro 2006 World Cup Winners babe!

Can't wait for the Serbians to stick it to Argentina.

P.S. Did you guys hear that Montenegro is officially breaking away and becoming its own country of 650'000 people. Oh, but they dont want to break up until after the world cup....kinda funny.

4:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home