Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I will not celebrate meaningless milestones

One of the biggest stories over here at the moment is that our beloved Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott has admitted a two year affair with his secretary. Whatever, none of my business and to be honest, I don't really care too much. However, what puzzles me is what the woman saw in him to desire such an affair. This is a photo of Prescott who I believe is 65 years of age and suffers from endless remarks about his weight.


And everyone is puzzled as to what his secretary got out of the affair, especially if you believe the jibes about fat blokes. Well, she has sold her story to the press but surely didn't have that in mind the whole time?

So here's another puzzler. What about Sven Goran Erikson, the England football coach? He has a long-term girlfriend but in the past couple of years it has been discovered he has had not one, but two affairs with other women. Yet, his girlfriend has stuck by him. This photo again asks, what for?


Oh, and why did Coleen (can't spell her surname) McThingy stick with Wayne Rooney for after he was busted visiting a brothel? Hmm.....would she and Sven's missus have stayed if they were married and would have to divorce? Oooh that's sinical.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, for I am no expert whatsoever on women (so therefore know bollocks about what they go for) as my track record would suggest, but would the best thing for me to do is get some money and/or power? Then I could get away with seemingly anything and still have someone to make my tea....I'll go see if there's anything going on Ebay right now.

PS. A free muffin to anyone who can guess the hidden agenda behind the title of this blog, cos I don't think you will.

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Its interesting, Matty... although you're commenting on women's 'attraction' to men being based on money and power, you're also making the HUGE assumption that women only like men who are good looking, which seems to be what you think.

Truthfully, that is not the case, at least from a personal opinion. Being attracted to someone is one thing, but personality usually wins out over looks in most cases.

Also, being unfaithful isn't the end all of relationships. Sure, it no doubt screws up a relationship terribly, but if both parties are willing to work it out, then love can work through anything.

So, to sum up what I just said:
-girls don't just like guys for their looks... (or wealth either)
-relationships CAN stay together after adultry.

3:53 pm  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:53 pm  
Blogger Laura said...

(sorry, I posted twice by accident)

3:53 pm  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

very thoughtful answer, I like that one

5:10 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

I think she's calling me ugly and broke, and is hinting that she's cheating on me...

9:51 pm  
Blogger M-J said...

Meaningless milestones? Hmmm...I think your birthday is coming up...that's pretty meaningless. :)

1:08 pm  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

My birthday is coming up next week Emmj, but that's not it.

Yeah Dan, I read into that too but wasn't going to say anything, Laura's made me feel shallow enough as it is

1:29 pm  
Blogger Laura said...

HAHA - if Dan were both ugly and broke, I wouldn't date him!! (Now who's shallow?) I didn't say ALL women weren't shallow. And, if Dan were ugly and broke and I was cheating on him, why would I stay around with him in the first place... unless I'm only cheating on him of a rich hotty, but I like Dan's personality...

Maybe I am.

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home