Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ditched

I'm depressed, I'm being ditched. Lois, who is my best mate, who I love her to bits is leaving Monday to spend a year working in New York. According to her mum, we're getting married but I'm not sure when yet. Probably in about 20 years if I've grown up enough then.

Which is so cool and she has a great job that's going to fly her all over America when she's not in her office overlooking the Chrysler Building in Manhattan. I am really so happy for her and was so excited when she got the job, I stopped thinking about myself for the first time ever. However, I've only just realised that means I don't get to see her for a while, so I need to move to Nova Scotia quick so I can have some weekend trips down to the Big Apple.

If you haven't met Lois, you should check out her blog that she's gonna use to keep us posted on life in the states. However, be warned, she is rubbish at computers and not very funny or entertaining so I have very low expectations for this site. However, I have now done my duty of advertising it.

Anyway, you may have met Lois when she came with the Trott to visit me in Canada last year. Here they are next to one of the Cole Hobson signs.


And buying underwear in Dublin.


And this one is special because its about the only one of me and Lois I have on my computer that doesn't involve us playing strip poker - seriously.


Well all I wanted to get across is that a big part of my life is deserting us to go and live with the stupidest, loudest people in the world. I guess you'll fit in fine then twat-head! No, I'm going to stop calling Lois twat-head, and loser and telling her she's still living in the 1950s. Well, I'll try. I'll try to be nice from now on, you make a fantastic bacon butty tea, you make me look tall, you let me beat the crap out of you when we do boxing at fitness and......uhm, maybe that's it.

Have a great trip Lois, I'll see you soon!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hey Matty, if you ever need a travelling companion down to New York, I am TOTALLY game! That is one of the places I have been DYING to go to! My family went on a trip once, but that when I was working at camp. New York is one of my top 10 travel goals for the near future!

7:50 pm  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

Lois - in future please leave a comment, not an essay

Laura - you're on, I've been before and it's even better than you can imagine, definately be there soon

11:18 am  
Blogger M-J said...

I want to go to New York too!

3:31 am  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

no, you're not invited MJ

11:46 am  
Blogger Laura said...

I invite you, MJ! We can hide you in the trunk and bring you out once it is too late for Matty to turn us around and make you go back home!

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home