Friday, May 19, 2006

When it rains, it really pours

What a shitty week. I have nothing to post about right now, I'm just in a bad mood moaning away which I spend a lot of my time doing. My brother bought me some golf lessons for my birthday (although I did tell him to) and we were due to start Sunday. However, my knee is still like Fatty's (watch Twin Town) so we've had to postpone. This knee is a pain, I hope I've only twisted it, but have to wait 2 weeks till they'll do any tests to know for sure.

And that means I can't drive anywhere either so I've stayed in all week, bah. I think the only thing keeping me sane is repeats of Bullseye and Only Fools and Horses last night. So, I've been writing more essays which is Ok, but not when I have to use my sister's laptop cos mine GOT A VIRUS. Which means I had to restore the factory settings on my C-Drive and reinstall stuff. Fine. But on reinstalling the internet the keyboard froze and now the computer won't start up without having some kind of 'Program 1 not responding.' What is Program 1? Sounds like another virus to me but I have so little patience for help lines I've not touched my computer all day and will only phone them up when I find a good mood. Should be round Christmas then?

So I finish my essay. Brilliant, I think. I can relax all weekend before I try to finish the next one off. But oh no, now I remember I have to submit a proposal for my dissertation, which is a huuuuuuuge waste of time. Fair enough, they'll tell us if we can do the topic we've chosen (I'm doing the world cup) and will get assigned to an appropriate tutor, but there are so many lecturers in the business school, can't they just set up a meeting with the 50 of us. I even have to fill out a proposed timetable, what's that about? I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow night, let alone in August (well, hopefully going to Dublin again). And I've no idea how my time will go writing this thing, never done one before. So I left that to tick the 'being ethical' boxes, no I won't take advantage of people I survey or trick them or ask them for their phone number and if they have a boyfriend. It's like being asked if I have a bomb in my hand luggage, oh crap you busted me, I'll hold my hands up. I know it's all necessary but even being stuck at home, I'm sure I could find something better to do.

Speaking of hand luggage, I wonder how much they could fit in that new Airbus 380? Anyone see it landing at Heathrow yesterday? It's bigger than my ego! Apparently they'll start with flying 550 passengers but could increase it to about 800 depending how much leg room the carriers want to give them. Apparently there'll be shops and I think a bar or something like that, very luxurious and Emirates have already ordered 45 of the things! However, I would not want to fly on that thing, no way. Can you imagine, they'll probably ask you to check in 4 days before the flight and do not expect your baggage to arrive on the carosel (how do you spell it?) for a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks. Takes long enough when there are only 200 people on board.

But I'll end on a positive note. Two aircraft I will be excited about are the ones transporting Lauren and Carolyn over to Europe. We're planning to meet up for a couple of days between June 1st and June 4th in London, whenever I can fit them in! That's something I'm looking forward to, London is such a cool city and hopefully they'll find the parts I like to their liking as well. Otherwise I won't get paid for my tourguiding. I say I'm being the tourguide as Adam may get jealous if I mention Carolyn calls it a 'playdate.' I dunno, maybe she's after some crazy European sex?

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Matty, if I had the money, I would fly over and we could totally have a mope party! :) Maybe that would put both of us in a better mood!

6:50 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

If she's after crazy European sex then she knows better than to expect it from you.

I'm excited for the plane that's going to fly you over to Canader. Do you know when you're coming yet? Laura's been researching places to camp. Igor, Cole, Monica, Laura and I, are already committed to attending.

12:48 am  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wahoo! I'm excited that you're going to be our tour guide and/or "playdate". :) See you in less than two weeks!!!

8:45 pm  
Blogger Doctah J said...

You'll have to take them to "our" romantic spot at the vineyard down from your place. Weeping willows and sheep everywhere. Sigh, oh the memories.

1:28 am  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

Doctah!!!!!!!

what goes in the vineyard stays in the vineyard, grr

1:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home