Sunday, May 07, 2006

Blowing My Trumpet

One thing I don't like about other people is arrogance. It really does bug me and I find those who tend to show off tend to be those who aren't actually that great at whatever it is, you should see some of the dickheads I play football against. Honestly, I played against a team on Saturday who got promoted to the South Wales Amateur League and therefore love themselves but they'll be back next year after getting their big heads kicked all over the place.

However, now I'm going to show off just a little bit. My team had our presentations on Saturday and I won Manager's Player of the Year after coming 2nd for Player's Player of the Year. Not the most exciting or earth-shattering news you'll ever here but I was chuffed to bits, surprised but very proud. Still am and keep looking at my trophy, it's pretty cool. I am my own biggest critic and thought I should have done a lot better this season but realistically, didn't play too badly. Oh and Laura said in her blog, she finds my blogs funny, at last someone does! But maybe she was drunk when she wrote that.

Finally a big thank you to Dan and Igor for hosting my birthday party last night. I must apologise for being the first person in history to miss their own birthday party cos they didn't know about it and only checked their blog 24 hours too late. Sorry guys but the thought was very much appreciated. Instead, I was at my presentation and escaped just as half the team thought it would be fun to jump in the hot tub in their underwear. I think that was the worst hot tubbing ever, no girls and no bathers. Good thing I left, me and some of the other boys went out to the bar where I spent about 2 hours trying to hide from some girl I'd met a couple of weeks ago, I really am a berk. I swear its becuase of guys like me, bloke-hating lesbians exist.

So now after my one moment of glory, I will retreat back to reality. See ya!

PS. It's not my fault Lois can't get the picture to work on her blog. I told her what to do, it's her fault for being dumb.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I was NOT drunk! In fact, I wrote that at work, and they don't let you work at a nuclear power plant drunk! :) I do like your blog!

We missed you at your birthday party Matty! See you this SUMMER when I can give you your belated birthday hug!

1:08 am  
Blogger M-J said...

Congrats on the award Matty.
Is that girl you were hiding from one of the post-it note guinea pigs?

4:55 am  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Matty - do you need a college degree? IN TWO WEEKS NO LESS!!! I wonder if that time includes shipping!

6:47 pm  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

Another one? Nah, I'll stick with just the two and that'll teach me for making fun of Adam getting all those stupid comments.

9:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home