Thursday, May 11, 2006

Je Suis Un Plonker

More gloating I'm afraid. The England World Cup squad was named this week, which included Sol Campbell. What does my blog have to do with Sol Campbell? Well, he has been an established international defender for about 10 years now but had a poor season which led my idiot of a brother to claim he won't get into the squad. Immediately, I, the experienced (although not successful) gambler bet one pound sterling he would be. And won, get it.

However, that's where I got a bit carried away. Trying to emulate Whisky Dan, who displays the money he wins off co-worker Chuck, I tried to create a similar, witty notice upon which I could present my brother's loss as publicly as possible.

And you may agree, my sign does look good up on my wall next to my favourite pictures from Australia.


However, if you look closely, there is one slight mishap which kinda ruined my little ego trip. Yes, unknown to me until Gareth pointed it out, I mis-spelt "Genius." Bollocks. Way to urinate on my source of heat.


See. Damn it. Oh well, I'm not hiding, the sign stays up. But who can I blame for this? The UK education system? Better not....My parents, nah, can't think of any reason. I'm going to blame Bill Gates. Its obvious he is to blame for my poor spelling, and on two counts at that. First, as I was using capital letters, Microsoft Word's spellcheck isn't activated. And secondly, more importantly, the autocorrect option I spent ages customising on my computer corrects everything I type usually so I can simply mash the keyboard as quickly as I can when typing and it still makes (relative) sense. So point the finger at Senor Gates. As compensation for being made to look a fool, how about some of that 95% of your fortune you said you'd give away before you die? Eh? Yeah, I'm a good cause!

OK, off to Minehaed for football tour tomorrow. Back Monday and I'm sure there'll be some sordid and messy stories to spill, well the ones I wasn't involved in!

And following my theme of mentioning Lois in all my posts at the moment, happy birthday for today!!

3 Comments:

Blogger DJO said...

I like the decorations!

Money is always a nice thing to have on your walls.

...as are pics of Australia.

11:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home