Friday, March 24, 2006

Gonna Fly Now

So I spent a hell of a lot of time yesterday playing Rocky. It's so good, loved it from the moment Dan got it on his Xbox, way-hay back in the day. Finally my brother found it available on PS2 and I have a new career mode going as Mr T, I mean Clubber Lang. Honestly, it's so good, when I wasn't playing and was actually doing work, I was still doing my awesome Mr T impressions all day long.

This kinda links into an interesting story in the paper this week, listing movie sequels that were better than the original. Now I know nearly every single person on the internet lists their own opinions on this and fair enough, whatever they think. But I think that for a respected journalist to publicly state Kill Bill 2 (which I love) is better than Kill Bill 1 (which I love even more), is pushing the boat out a little too far. However, I do agree that both Shrek 2 and Toy Story 2 are better than their originals. Did you know Tom Hanks got paid $50,000 for Toy Story 1 and $5,000,000 for Toy Story 2? Yeah, really. And I'm kinda glad they're quitting whilst they're ahead, after reading plans for Toy Story 3 have been scrapped, unlike Rocky, with the 6th movie seemingly going ahead.

And after pretending to be Clubber Lang and watching Rocky III this week, he's the best opponent of the lot. That's the only thing missing from the other films, no Mr T. He's so cool, I think I'm gonna watch the A Team tonight. Bit more nostalgia, honestly I never watch any new TV programmes.

On the subject of sequels, if you've never heard Guns N Roses' cover of Live and Let Die, download it, it's one of the best cover songs ever.

And MJ, you were the worst, most unfunny, sluttiest roommate ever. Shame on you.

6 Comments:

Blogger M-J said...

OK...I shouldn't have said your blog was boring, but you don't have to make personal attacks about how I live my life! I can't help the slut thing! :P And I was the best roommate!

2:38 pm  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

I'm sorry, I just find it difficult not seeing you walk round in a towel all day every day. I'll try to control my outbursts in future.

7:54 pm  
Blogger M-J said...

I understand...I feel the same way about not seeing your woolly chest and sweatpant shorts everyday.

11:42 pm  
Blogger Doctah J said...

Yeah, like whatever. I was a way better roommate. We actually shared a room. And I'm completely over seeing you walk around in just a towel Matty.

4:52 am  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

you lived with me? when? i thought you were some guy who hung round in between you going off to call your wife!

2:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indinana Jones IV in the summer of 2007. George Lucas, Steven Spieldberg, Harrison Ford, and Sean Connery apparently are all up for it.

Oh by the way Harrison Ford is 65 years old right now i believe....

still cant wait...my favorite movies of all time are Indiana Jones Series mos def.

This time next year mate,

I-giggity-no-diggity

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home