Monday, March 13, 2006

Shearer, Shearer, what's the score?

Hey Hey

Great weekend was had by all. Had a trip with the fam up to see little sister Bethan in uni in Manchester. Well, that's the official line. Really we went to see Manchester United vs Newcastle. Obviously I was so up for this trip as with being in Canada and taking my soccer seriously now so Saturdays are taken up, I hadn't gone up for 4 years! Unbelievable, and I call myself a supporter. But it was a great day and here are some photos from the stadium.




And after the match, I took part in my ritual of waiting in the freezing cold (never live in Manchester, it's soooooo cold) to gawp at the player's fancy cars and nick an autograph or two. Despite other people having the same idea, I did manage to pinch a couple including Christiano Ronaldo so I was well chuffed.





And as I hadn't been to Manchester for a couple of years, we decided to take a tour of the stadium and museum for some extra pics. I thought this an opportune moment to publicise to the English what the whole world is starting to hear about, the activities of Cole Hobson. However, I do think Carolyn should have warned the Dominican and her picture with Teri is missing some sort of sign.










Sorry for the photo overload but I can be a bit of a camera freak. Just ask my buddy Niall, who I'm going back to visit in DUBLIN for Easter, the next thing for me to look forward to. Also, going to Manchester did mean I missed the greatest one-day cricket match ever with South Africa beating Australia. I love cricket, Doctah J is wrong, it isn't pointless and I need to get back under to watch another one with the boys. Before I finish, thank you Igor for mentioning the fact Wales failed to beat Italy in the rugby on Saturday, I hadn't forgotten. But I did realise, even though I love watching United and soccer is my sport that I play, it doesn't beat watching rugby live, that's a game and a half.

2 Comments:

Blogger M-J said...

Haha! Nice work Matty!

9:38 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

Poor Cole

3:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home