Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy St. David's Day

As I'm sure you are well aware, March 1st is St. David's Day here in Wales, the day of our patron saint. I also heard on the radio this morning that today is supposed to be the first day of spring, but for the 2nd time in a couple of months, it has been snowing here! What's that about? Weird. To mark St. David's Day, Prince Charles is visiting my Dad today, as he usually does. Not really, he's actually visiting the university Dad works at as he's Chancellor or something and Dad is going to meet him. Which is more than he usually does in a days work. (both of them!)

In another show of patrionism, 2006 sees the 150th anniversary of our national anthem being composed. In times of turmoil (the rugby team is so screwed up, I can't describe it as events have been changing every day), one experiences great satisfaction from this song and I watched an extremely moving tv programme around its importance today before sports games, it always makes me feel proud of my nationality.

So have a happy and healthy St. David's Day and congratulations and thanks to Evan James and his son James James (no, really) on the anniversary of their most famous work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matty Welsh said...

I told you, he's retired

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home