Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Oscars

I'm useless at films. I haven't watched the Oscars for years as all the nominations go to films I never watch. However, I did see a little of the highlights last night, and spent the entire 20 minutes asking my brother who all the presenters were and what other films I may have seen the winners in - he didn't know much more. And stupid British TV, they never showed any of John Stewart which would have been interesting, apparently I needed to watch the live show.

What I will say is I'm glad George Clooney won as I've always thought he's a really cool guy and good actor. Haven't watched any of his recent films as they sound a bit too artistic and serious for my liking, but well done anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Its because George Clooney is hot, right?

Truthfully, I watched a bit of it live. I don't like all the hype that surrounds the fictional world of entertainment, but when all media is focussed on the Oscars, there is not much I can do to escape it. Jon Stewart was pretty funny though! He's pretty hilarious!

6:06 pm  
Blogger M-J said...

I didn't get to watch it either...not that I ever do, but I don't have cable, so I couldn't. And I too like Jon Stewart.

10:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a totally related topic Matthew Evans. Did Wales just tie Italy? I forgot what sport it was, might have been frog eating...but still 18-18? At Millenium? Wow....and you dare to make fun of my basketball skills....

Peace brothah, and keep us posted.
I-giggity-no-diggity

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home