Monday, February 06, 2006

Apology

I would like to sincerely offer my apologies to one of my closest friends, Whisky Dan O'Rourke, seen here getting his lovely girlfriend, Laura, to do the chores.


Yesterday was Daniel's 26th birthday, that's right 26! Wow, he's old and it seems the gap has widened! However, rather than attend what I'm sure was a great evening that coincided with Superbowl, (the one Seattle threw away by not scoring enough when they had the ball first half), I decided to give it a miss and actually spent my Sunday gardening and watching soccer.

Now, I have two reasons for not seeing my buddy on his special day. One being I couldn't be bothered to fly over but second, and most importantly, I wouldn't want to show Dan up on his birthday again. This time last year, we threw Dan a surprise party with a surprise century challenge before we headed off to the bar. This resulted in Greg Smith and myself completing said challenge despite using large shot glasses, and Dan, humiliated and defeated after his useless attempt to complete the task.

So I must ask for forgiveness for this shameful episode last year where Greg and I left Dan looking like a pathetic failure, which we all know he is not (pfft). Therefore, I would like to offer this coupon (coupon will not be validated) as a peace offering, upon which I will buy you a beer on your 27th (and not before). I hope the tragic events of 2005 will be erased by my absence in 2006.

Cheers Dan!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

We missed you Matty -

More importantly though, DAN missed you! Its a shame when a girlfriend can't give her boyfriend the best birthday ever because his best bud's overseas!...

Next year'll be a hoot!

7:27 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

Wish ya coulda been here Matty.

I can still recall that century. I remember being on minute 68 or so, and saying I needed to take a break. And when i was ready to jump back in just a couple shots later, i was shocked to discover you were at shot 96. Where the heck did those 30 minutes go!?

Way to steal 30 minutes from me on my birthday asshole.

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home