Friday, November 11, 2005

Strewth, what a corker

Great news today. I have a ticket to see my first ever cricket test match. And it's only the New Years test at the Sydney Cricket Ground between Australia and South Africa.


I love cricket. It is a sport that has existed since around 1744 and has thrilled generations since, with some games lasting five days. I don't care if games take 5 days to play, they are enthralling. End of discussion. Some people may not agree but that's their opinion. And it's suddenly becoming hip and cool in Britain after England beat the Aussies this summer. However, this picture of WG Grace, cricket's 1st superstar does very little to support my argument.


The stars of today include one Shane Warne, a player I have idolised for years. I was lucky enough to train with one of the games greatest ever players in 1997. I've only ever watched him here in Wales but I can't wait to watch him with the crowd behind him rather than trying to wind him up by asking who ate all the pies?


But the way things are planned, it looks like my date to the game will be Jane Williams or as she'll be then known, Mrs Doctah. And she's hot, oo-er! This is just another reason why I can't wait to go to Oz. MJ, stop sitting on the fence and get your arse down under.

1 Comments:

Blogger DJO said...

MJ really does need to decide...

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home