Monday, October 10, 2005

9 weeks to go

So I booked my flight to Australia. I leave on Monday December 12th and fly home January 4th. It's gonna be so cool, can't wait. Don't have a complete plan of what to do, or even a partial plan so am now gonna do some research. MJ and I have talked of some time in Queensland, to see the Doctah and Mrs Doctah. Tasmania looks pretty stunning if we have time and of course Sydney. I'm already communicating with those British rejects, I mean Aussies, to arrange a day at the cricket. That would be cool. I've seen Australia play before but never in a test match so that will be something else. Apparently Igor can't make it. That's the only bit that sucks, there'd have been no end of trouble if he was there. Dan, its up to you and me mate. We'll have to fly the flag without him. All cos he has to do some presentation about some robot that no-one really needs and it doesn't do anything. That's right yeah?

Right now I'm at uni, waiting for my lecture to start. I'm studying an MSc Masters in Marketing and we've been discussing branding today. For those of you who think marketing is a subject unlike medicine or law or environmental studies (cole) with no ethics or purpose or vitality in life today, you'd be right. This evening, my lecturer is appearing on TV discussing butter. It turns out there is a brand of butter called "Sir Gar." This means Camarthen, a county in Wales. The butter is advertised as being made with a traditional Welsh recipe, with a Welsh name, in a traditional circular package with a Welsh (fictional - Dan) dragon la de da de da. However, it is made in England and owned by an English company. But I wonder how many people will ever know that? Marketers are such evil people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

How much did robots do for us in Fundy? NOTHING! Yeah, I'm pretty sure Igor will be making a much better use of his time being in Aussieland, no doubt.

Happy Thanksgiving, Matty!

3:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home