Thursday, October 27, 2005

We're gonna party like it's 1999

This Tuesday was my parents' Silver Wedding Anniversary! As my cousin said to Dad, "25 years is longer than a life sentence, you should be a free man now."

We had a great day. Ga and I surprised them with presents in the morning. This was done at 6am as my Dad and brother have to get up then, I promptly went back to bed. There were several deliveries of flowers during the day and family visitors before they posed for some photos.






We left the main surprise for the evening, however. Gareth and I had reserved a very posh dinner at the Vale Hotel, just outside Cardiff. This is a luxury 4* hotel, golf course and leisure complex used by people such as the Welsh soccer and rugby teams, Liverpool and Arsenal FC when they play in Cardiff. And not only had we booked a meal, we also booked one of the biggest, executive rooms for them Tuesday night with a balcony overlooking the 9th (I think) green on the championship course.







And that left Mum and Dad to spend the night at the hotel and enjoy the facilities the next day. Apparently the sauna was "like a sauna in there" if you were wondering Igor and they had a great time, thankfully. I would like to thank my Grandma, as the event would not have been possible without her Corporate Sponsorship.

Congratulations Mum and Dad!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used a short form of Ga for Gareth .. That is one of the queerest things I've ever seen.

Also, you booked your parents a room to ensure they would have wild sex on their anniversary. Nice imagery?? Way to go.

Honestly it sounds like a nice gift though, way to go.

As a late response to your last post, I'm better at you at poker. I figured out your tell .. your chest hair stands on end when you have a hand.

I'd be interested to see how that ruling turns out though. Poker long term is skill, but there is a lot of short term luck involved, so it should be interesting to see.

-Cole

1:26 am  
Blogger DJO said...

Yay Mum and Dad!

11:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home