Thursday, September 08, 2005

Soccer's back, woo hoo!!

Yeah so tonight I played my second practice game since I got back. Actually these have been my first two games in nearly 18 months, so I'm a little rusty. However, these games went well, drew 2-2 and won 2-0 tonight so I'm happy. Exciting for the new season that we're unbeaten pre-season and have four or five new players who know what they're doing. Perhaps a first championship medal since I was 13ish (I think)? Nah, I won't get carried away but whilst I'm excited, I'll show off about us.

I was very proud of one of the new guys talking about my game today to my Dad, who turned up to watch. Apparently, 'the goalie is pretty mouthy, but he commands his box well and makes a difference.' I'm happy with that, I've always protected my box till the bitter end - pfft. And my mum agreed, 'You are a mouthy bugger.' Family support is critical for my ego you see, so it doesn't get out of control.

However my team will struggle for the opening league fixture on Saturday. Matty is going to Dublin and is very excited about that. Dan, when was the last time you visited your homeland?

I'll let you all know about Ireland soon, I hope. Till then, I'm gonna rest my tight hamstring and watch Pirates of The Carribbean which is on TV. Also on TV is One Tree Hill, which makes me miss Amanda. How I used to enjoy making fun of her! Oooh, a cup of tea is calling.

Later guys.

PS. Warney is still the man (cricket, duh).

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

That hamstring could easily be fixed. All you need is a good bit of "Laura" with a rolling pin.

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home