Monday, September 25, 2006

Preparations

Things are looking good for my latest excursion to Canada. Last night I extended my winning Cranium streak and put up a good fight in Scattegories. Although I lost to Catrin, she's almost a professional word-ist-person-type-thing, so there's no shame in losing there.

Laura, take some time to warn yourself and your silly little friends Dan and I expect to dominate the world of board gaming and indeed earn a huge sum of money in the process. Hey Dan, let's challenge Meghan and Laura to a wager, beat them and then buy something we can prominently display in our bachelor pad which can be named appropriately. Something that can have a plaque put up by it that says "kindly donated by Laura and Meghan's shortcomings."

I'm going away now to practice being smug.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Sorry Matthew - being insanely broke right now I will bet on things like cookies, and possibly even dinner (although I hate making dinners, so that's a huge wager!!). But my cookies are great! SO altough you can't put them on the wall, you will have the pleasure of enjoying your wins for a short while.

But who is to say that I'm going to play with you guys? Looking forward to seeing you this weekend! :)

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to practice being smug?? And all this time I thought that it came natually?? Such a dissapointment...

Tara

12:59 am  
Blogger Laura said...

MATTY - When are you going to GET here on Friday! LET US KNOW PLEASE!!!

(oh, and have wonderful safe travels!)

2:26 pm  
Blogger M-J said...

Are you in Canada for good now Matty?

8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt
I've never been called a professional word-ist-person-type-thing before! I am deeply flattered!
It was a lovely night, lots of fun, and rounded off nicely with a win by team Matt and appropriate smugness to follow! Always a pleasure!
See you tomorrow, love Cat xx

11:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home