Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy New Year

Wow, it's been a while but with good reason. I have just returned from the land down under and with so many shenanigans and mindblowing experiences, I figure it will take more than one blog. So instead of writing one tedious script, I will break my holiday down into several tedious scripts.

Although I have now been back in Wales for five days, I'm still struggling to realise where I am and what has happened. My mind is definately still in Australia and I'm almost in a state of shock as everything happened so quickly and I'm back where I started asking did that all really happen? I am also so completely blown away by the many places I visited but even more so by the incredible people I was lucky to meet. Every single person I came across went out of their way to make my visit as enjoyable as possible and I don't think I will ever be able to make it up to them. I owe so much to so many and you all know who you are so there is no need for me to make a list.

Ok, I'll start with the reason I went to Australia. The wedding that saw Doctah J taken away from us into a life of being told what to do. No matter how many koalas I met or VBs that were sunk, Jane and Jeffrey's wedding was by far and away the best day of the holiday and one of the most emotional days ever. Not only were two of my best friends showing off how completely in love and perfect for each other they are, they did it with one of the most beautiful, fairytale weddings that was beyond imagination.

The ceremony was conducted in the picturesque Camelia Gardens, a perfect setting and lovely service.





I have to admit to having a massive lump in my throat when the girls arrived, just how beautiful are these bridesmaids?



Yeah, they definately showed up those groomsmen who I don't think anybody noticed!



But the most important part of the day was that the happy couple were able to drive off into the sunset together, two of the most deserving people I know.

4 Comments:

Blogger DJO said...

I miss VB. And Tooheys. And "Quadruple X Gold." Hahaha!!!

Wow...I have Australian "inside" jokes.

1:00 am  
Blogger Laura said...

pft - leave the inside jokes in Australia, boys!

I am SOOO glad you enjoyed yourself, Matty!

1:17 am  
Blogger Matty Welsh said...

Thanks Laura. Dan, I got some cool ones of us being dickheads I'll put on soon.

Adam, care to explain more? I'm no nerd you see

3:11 pm  
Blogger DJO said...

What Adam means is that when you click on any of the pictures you've posted, it takes you to a blown up version of the wrong one.

Try for yourself and see!

And shoot over those pictures of us being dickheads! I don't recall being anything but a perfect gentleman for my entire trip!

7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home