Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Job Hunting

So I've spent the last week tarting up my CV, sending off to Glamorgan Uni for critique and tarting it up a bit more accordingly. Now I can begin scouring the Cardiff marketing job market.

One of the first jobs that popped up was a placement with view to a 12 month contract at a company called One Nil Trade Ltd. The aspects of the job seemed really appealing and I thought I'd find the company really interesting given my obsession with most things sportish. However, one slight problem - One Nil Trade, despite being taken from one of the most common phrases in football, has nothing to do with sports.

Apparently the company promotes and markets items of a more personal nature and one of the skills needed is a maturity to be sensitive with clients, which rules me out. But what a weird name for such a company, sure fooled me. I guess it's a good thing I researched them before applying as that could have created quite a surprising interview. Though I guess the job would never be dull - I could always see how many times I could bring "that's what she said" up per day and get away with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home